Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

End of University...

So the degree show at the CMS School has finished and was a relative success as I did get someone very interested in my work. The games company develop 2D games and really liked my design style and I am currently waiting for an email just to have a further chat or to demonstrate more of my work but fingers crossed!

The first day of the degree show was a bit awkward as I am not amazing at talking about my work and there were loads of new faces but after a while it was fine to chat (when I say after a while I mean after some alcohol!). Oh yeah I also said it was a relative success as unfortunately someone’s laptop was stolen which is such a shame when the event went so well.
My degree show display
~ This was on a black background and the orb was cut out to show the screen, the idea being a fortune teller showing the future (my work!)And topped off with two glowing crystals! ~

On other news the degree show was my last piece of university work so I guess I am officially finished and I just need to wait for my grades now! I have decided I am going to start my driving lessons soon although I am worried I could possibly be one of the worst drivers ever! But I started by getting the theory book as I thought if I know the theory it will surely help with the practical side (we will see). I am also working on my website as computing students do benefit from having an online portfolio to showcase their work. I am not the most amazing of web designers and I am really trying to develop my website to show what I am good at. One such idea I have at the moment is to implement a few games onto the actual website and I managed to get a good start on them this Sunday (will post pics soon).

~ Overview of some of the work I designed for my final year game; including health bar at the top, from collectable cages, to models and finally interface designs. ~

I guess the main things I need to be concerned about now is getting a job and passing my exams. I also have been thinking about the past three years and what an amazing time I have had at university but I am also a little bit worried about what the next step is. I suppose I should get a job in the games industry and use my degree but I also feel I have wasted my A-levels as it would be nice to go into counselling at some point. Apparently I am young so I have plenty of time but I also am very impatient and want everything yesterday! Although it has definitely been a huge jump for me to go from A-levels in psychology and biology to (hopefully) getting a degree in games and multimedia technologies.

Also I really want to go the cinema and watch the new X-men film although I am slightly worried it may be rubbish like the last four (?). I do agree they were exciting and action packed but they were not really keeping to the timeline of the comics and also just didn’t really pack a punch at the end of the day. I am already disappointed that the film is meant to be about the first class of X-men mutants and some of them were never in the first class!!! Anyway geek rant over I am looking forward to be able to just relax and not worry about the next deadline and hopefully I will hear back from the Company at the degree show soon and maybe in the next blog I would have watched the X-men film and be able to deliver my verdict! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment