Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Fond Memories...

It feels like I have not blogged in ages which is most probably true but it has been Clearing and as per usual we have been swamped with calls. Now I have got a bit more free time I think it’s about time I do another blog. Last week was Eid and I decided to dress up for the occasion and bought a lovely little silk number :p. So there I was wearing my Asian outfit and I kept getting asked if I was Muslim and when I said no the next question was “why have you dressed up then?” Simply put, I dressed up because I wanted to and it’s nice to be involved in my work colleague’s celebrations. I may not be Muslim but I have friends who are and it’s good to be aware of their religion and their beliefs.

Dressing up seemed to be the theme for the week as we also had a theme your team competition on Friday just for fun (the enquiry unit madness eh). Our theme was superheroes as in clearing we all know you need a hero to help you through the struggles that can occur when taking on the might of clearing. We mainly had with marvel superheroes and we had three super people.

The main characters we had were Superman, Supergirl, Superwoman, Batman, Catwoman, Hancock, Punisher, Spiderman and of course the most important Wolverine (which was me! Yay!) Unfortunately we did not come first... or second... or third.... but we did have a lot of fun!!! We also overdosed on cake which is also good and a much needed sugar rush for all the calls we have been taking. For those that don’t know of Wolverine he was played by Hugh Jackman in the X men films and while I didn’t have the mahoosive sideburns I needed I did manage to sculpt my hair in a similar style. I also went with the white t-shirt and jeans and boots so I could kind of blend in with the crowd despite my hair. This was topped off with compulsory dog tags and claws I had made out of chopsticks, painted silver and sanded off to provide a rounded tip.



Although the highlight of the week had to be winning my trophy for outstanding achievement! Ok it was not a trophy and ok it was not for outstanding achievement but I was awarded a chocolate orange for the development I have made throughout the year in the enquiry unit. I tried to open it though and realised it had melted a bit but hey it soon toughened up in the fridge! So all in all it was a really good week full of lots of laughs.

It’s also quite scary to think that term 1 is going to begin soon and sadly I won’t be a part of that this year now I have graduated. I am hoping to sneak back into university though for the fresher’s fair as I need to support the LGBT society for the final time.

This year the fresher’s fair is going to be on 20th September at Avery Hill and 22nd September at the Greenwich campus. If you are at the Medway campus then you have a society’s fair on 22nd September and a sports fair on 21st September. All important dates if you want to join up to a sport or society. Also if you are, like I was, a president, vice-president, secretary or treasurer it will also go on your transcripts at the end of your course so it always looks good on a C.V.


Anyways it’s back to work I go so blog soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.

    We developed a new real estate technology.

    We would like to send you our press release. How can we send it to you?

    flatmatch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete