Pages

Friday 5 November 2010

Fable 3!!!

As I have blogged previously; my life has gotten rather hectic with all the university coursework I have to do so obviously I have been working extremely hard....
... Well I was going to but then I bought a brand new game. At first I was not sure about the game because I have heard some bad reviews about it. So during the last week, with every spare moment I have, I have been trying to complete Fable 3. To be honest it is a good game but it does lack in certain areas as when I finished the game I couldn’t help but think ‘did they rush this?’ I went through the game thinking how much effort and consideration they had taken but towards the end the game seemed more rushed as the storyline deteriorated in quality. The actual gameplay was brilliant and that was consistent throughout. The whole game revolves around an evil king who has thrown his land into a time of gloom and misery and it is up to you, the prince or princess, to end his reign of tyranny.
As you progress through the game you are constantly made to choose between good and evil by way of the decisions you make. At first I thought this was a good concept but at times the decision made little difference on the outcome and the options were too simplistic. For example it would be like ‘Do you want to kill someone or let them live?’ erm lets think I am good therefore I think I will let them live?! It would have been more true to life if the decisions were less obvious in my opinion. Other parts of the game were really clever such as the game as a whole element. The game does involve you, the main character, leading a revolution and becoming the hero of the people but it also plays on the common thought of ‘What happens to the hero in everyday life?’ Fable has played on this by providing the hero character the ability to settle down and have children or possibly adopt. The hero can also purchase a business or rent out houses etc. To me this showed a lot of wit and also a lot of effort to make the game a fun piece.
Overall though I would recommend the game as it has helped me keep sane over the past week or so! Also I would just to like to add that yes I have spent ages playing a computer game when I should, most probably, have been working extremely hard on my course but I assure you i was merely ‘studying’ the game on a professional level ;-). After all I am studying Games and Multimedia Technologies!
Image Obtained from:
IGN: Fable 3 Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment