Pages

Friday 1 October 2010

First Week Back!

So it’s all been rather hectic in the past few weeks what with trying to ensure nothing goes wrong when I move onto the third year of my course. You see I had to resit my animation project which upset me but I was expecting that to happen as basically I did not try hard enough. This then meant that I could not register till the 27th after my results had came back. It was finally on the 28th that I could register so I went through all the stages and bam! I had a problem with the finance section which I had to resolve by submitting an online query. However 24 hours later I was all registered and ready to go! It just goes to show that if you persist you eventually get there!
I was recently in my sound design lecture and one of our tasks for the week is to sit back for 15 minutes a day (possibly while you’re on the bus…) and note down everything you can hear around you. I quickly became amazed at how much we tune out from our everyday life. What seems to happen is we get used to the sounds in our environment and over time it does not seem as important as when we first heard the noise. So my bit of advice this week is start to pay attention to what is around you; not just sounds but the people around you. It’s important to remember that while you are moving onto bigger and better things at university it’s also important you don’t leave behind everyone or everything else.  On a more important note, sleep is not optional! Don’t find out the hard way like I have:

No comments:

Post a Comment