Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Game on!

Well this week we are finally getting moving with our game for games development. By the end of my third year me, and my team, aim to have a full working game! I am in a team with 4 other people and each of us have been given a role. There are two designers and two programmers and as I have a knowledge of the programming language we are using (C#) I am an inbetweener. So I will do a bit of designing and a bit of programming if need be. We are doing a side scroller game so this is a game where the camera only can see the action from the side of the game and generally the character will move from the left side of the screen to the right.
We also will have a number of obstacles for our character to overcome throughout the game such as blocks to climb and enemies to defeat which will depend on which level you are in. For example one level we will build is a desert level and one of the enemies I had to create was a scorpion (see the image below). As you most probably can tell we are not aiming for realism but we aim to create a game for kids and as such we have went for a more cartoon feel to the actual game. My next step is to get all the characters modelled and I can move onto weapons. We have decided as a team that our main character will be a rabbit that fires rabbit pellets with his catapult! I have to say this is one part of my course which I am finding the work comes quite easy other tasks such as research essays take me forever but hey you got to do your research before making any games otherwise they will just have no substance. Anywho check back on my blog for more updates on my game soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment