Pages

Friday 15 October 2010

Work, work and more work!

So another week and another blog to write....
Well an update on what is happening with my course can be summarised in one word; overloaded! I always knew third year was going to be hard work but I did not realise how much change there is to undergo. I remember day 1 of my third year and how my lecturer told me about the big project (that makes up a quarter of my final year) and how I need to make a game with half the number of people industry has, half the time and none of the resources. EEP! So first week back at university and I am in panic mode!
However a few weeks have passed since then and I am a lot calmer. It seems the big project is not so big when broken down; it’s just a lot of really hard work. That does not surprise me though as it’s meant to be the piece to show potential employees that you’re the right one for the job and you can deliver. The game also is going to be hard work but now I am in a team of 5 and we are pushing on together to get the game done. 
Another problem for me is money it always seems I have none and I have finally found out why! Someone called “Bill” keeps taking it all! As a result I am now working a few shifts at Avery Hill doing higher education fairs or helping out on the phones or something along those lines.
I think it’s at times like this (being swamped down with work) it’s good to know that there is always someone to help out. For example my games work has now been made easier as I have a small team to help me out and I also have help with my project as we all have been given a supervisor. Even first years and second years have help out there too. It’s just vital you know when to say enough is enough and ask for help!
 Anyway I am back off to work so that’s all from me this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment